[linux-cifs-client] Mounting without password?

Igor Chudov ichudov at Algebra.Com
Wed May 10 14:13:45 GMT 2006

I had exactly a similar problem with CIFS.

It was incapable of opening a share and sending empty username and
password.

And yes, I tried the guest option or whatever, but it still insisted
on sending something.

I asked on this list and did not receive any useful responses. That
was when I upgraded to Fedora Core 5. Everything worked great when it
was called "samba".