[linux-cifs-client] Seeing a strange permission bit when server mounted with -t cifs option

Paul Edgar javaoops at us.ibm.com
Fri May 5 17:48:11 GMT 2006

I understand what you are saying concerning the behaviour for windows.
However, this is a linux client mounting the share from a samba server
and using the 'nomand' option does not change the reuslts.

My concern is the behaviour of files on a local system when this sgid
bit is set on 'all' files on the server as seen from the client.

Paul Edgar
IBM Austin