[linux-cifs-client] Re: test fix for rename oops

Steve French smfltc at us.ibm.com
Fri Mar 31 16:52:33 GMT 2006

Alan Tyson wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Thanks very much for the patch.  There was a typo in it: "dentry"
> should have been "direntry".  I've tested this using SLES9 and also
> FC5 as my base and the OOPS is fixed as far as I can tell.  However,
> I'm now getting occasional client hangs when I run two occurrences of
> the test on the same client simultaneously.  I'll need a few days to
> look at this in detail and will report back next week.
>
> Thank you,
> Alan.

What is the kernel version (and cifs version) of fc5 - did your original
fc5 build have the checks in cifs_unlink for

             if(direntry->d_inode != NULL)

The fix for cifs_unlink oops (which I would have expected to fix it -
went in the cifs tree 5/17/2005)

http://kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=b2aeb9d565be5ef00fb9f921c6d2459c74d90cdf

Thinking about this problem more - the above should have been what fixed
it not what I changed (which although harmless is unlikely to matter)