[linux-cifs-client] cifs 1.44 for older kernels

Chris Shelton cshelton at indiana.edu
Fri Jun 30 17:47:54 GMT 2006

Steve French wrote:
> Version 1.44 of the Linux cifs client (most current) has now been
> backported for older kernels (although it has not been extensively
> tested - I have done simple tests of it on recent SuSE Workstation and
> RHEL4 and tested that it builds on a recent FC)
>
> Testing feedback etc. welcome
>
> Source is available at:
> http://svn.samba.org/samba/ftp/cifs-cvs/cifs-1.44.tar.gz
I can report that this new version of cifs compiles without error on
2.6.16.20.  It also finally supports authentication to NTLMv2 only
servers, with the following settings:

echo 2 > /proc/fs/cifs/Experimental
echo 0x4004 > /proc/fs/cifs/SecurityFlags

Is there an ETA for when this version of cifs will be included into the
mainline kernel?  Perhaps 2.6.18?

chris