[linux-cifs-client] Error 426 while trying to get a file from a cifs file system on a linux server

alok kumar alok66 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 18:36:09 GMT 2006

I have a redhat linux server ES4.0 and I have mounted
a  cifs file system. This file system works fine. This
server has vsftpd running (version 2.0.1-5.EL4.3).
Recently, I noticed when I try to get a file from this
cifs file system using a ftp client(either from
windows or linux) I get this error :-

426 Failure writing network stream.

I can get files from local file systems without any
problem and I can put files into cifs file system and
local file systems just fine. I face problems only in
getting files from cifs file system. I tried
disabling/enabling passive mode also tried ascii and
binary modes of transfer.

Samba and cifs versions:-

samba-3.0.22-1
cifs.ko version 1.34