[linux-cifs-client] cifs 1.44 for older kernels

Dave Kleikamp shaggy at austin.ibm.com
Fri Jun 16 18:10:33 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 11:59 -0500, Steve French wrote:
> Juan José Villaplana Querol wrote:

> >Applying the proposed patch for 1.42b solves this problem.
> >

> >Regards,
> >              Juanjo
> >
> >(*) http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux-cifs-client/2006-May/001345.html
> >

> Thanks - Yesterday I had been looking for the previous posts about build
> problems to make sure I had addressed them - and had missed yours.
>
> This build problem is tricky to fix because RHEL4 did not define kzalloc
> in slab.h in 2.6.9-5 and 2.6.9-6 (which I was testing on) so we need to
> find another way to tell if kzalloc is defined (I don't know which
> refresh of the RHEL 4 headers added the #define).   I would like to make
> sure this builds cleanly (no warnings) on all the RHEL4s because it is a
> fairly important upgrade.

This is a bit of a kludge, but you may try something similar to Juanjo's
patch, but check explicitly for kzalloc in the header file:

kzalloc := $(shell grep "kzalloc" $(TOPDIR)/include/linux/slab.h 2> /dev/null)
ifneq ($(strip $(kzalloc)),)
CFLAGS += -DHAVE_KZALLOC
endif

Of course, the code would have:

#ifndef HAVE_KZALLOC
void * kzalloc(size_t size, unsigned flgs)

I haven't tested this.  :-)

Shaggy
--
David Kleikamp