[linux-cifs-client] Offline Files

James Roper u3205097 at alumni.anu.edu.au
Tue Jul 25 09:26:15 GMT 2006

This isn't quite what you want, but it's a start:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux/2004-March/010211.html

I haven't tried it for myself, from the description, I can't work out whether
changes at the server end get seen by the client, but I'd hope it would do
that.  I wouldn't imagine that it would be too hard to make it work off the
cached version of the filesystem when offline, the main thing you'd have to
do is implement a way for it to sync changes back to the target filesystem.

I'm surprised someone hasn't already written a fuse filesystem that provides
the functionality MS does with its offline files.

James