[linux-cifs-client] 1.40 cifs tar.gz on project download

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Thu Jan 19 23:52:06 GMT 2006

> We are very interested on testing cifs 1.40 on RHEL4/CentOS4 (kernel
> 2.6.9-22.0.2.ELsmp).

OK - it is on the download site. It should be nearly identical to the
version in mainline (and in cifs-2.6.git) as of the moment (ie what will be
in 2.6.16-rc2)
      http://svn.samba.org/samba/ftp/cifs-cvs/cifs-1.40
a-forFC3orRHEL4orSuSEWrk9.tar.gz
cifs_writepages (multipage write is disabled if you are built as a module
due to the two missing exports in the older 2.6.9 (actually 2.6.14 or
earlier) page manager).

Please let me know feedback (testing results etc.) on this.  I ran fsx and
connectathon on the module (to Samba 3.0.14) but did not do extensive tests
as I want to get working on some other critical code.

I also created a
      http://svn.samba.org/samba/ftp/cifs-cvs/cifs-1.40a.tar.gz
for those with 2.6.15 or later.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com