[linux-cifs-client] Cifs works but it doesn't

Roper, Adam D Adam.Roper at bem.fki-et.com
Thu Jan 5 12:02:32 GMT 2006

Hi,

I've just installed the CIFS module on to my RHEL3 system but it isn't
working properly.

I'm mounting a windows share onto the RH box, and the mount works fine.
I can change into the directory and there's no problem.

However if I try to do an 'ls' it reports that it cannot allocate
memory, and if I try to create a file it reports an I/O error.

The strangest thing to me is that if I 'cat' a file that I know is there
then there's no problem with that, and if I copy a known file from under
this mount point to somewhere else the file copies fine.

I have on a couple of occasions seen the 'ls' yield a correct result
after a considerable number of 'ls' executions, but it then it went
again when I changed into a subdirectory and tried another 'ls'.

Any help?  Have I installed the kernel module incorrectly?

Adam

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
disclosure or copying of this e-mail is unauthorised. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please telephone the above number.