[linux-cifs-client] It works

Maximiliano Curia maxy at rivero.com.ar
Wed Jan 4 14:27:39 GMT 2006

Hi!

After digging into the code for a long time, and also a lot of trial and
error, we finally got to patch the client so that it works as we want it
to.

To achieve this, we had to apply the attached patch, mount the resources
with "directio", and set /proc/fs/cifs/LookUpCacheEnabled to zero.

The patch includes the previously mentioned lseek patch, plus a change
to the revalidate() function and the inclusion of the mmap function even
when "directio" access is being used.

The change to the revalidate() function was done so that the size was
always "safe_to_chage", this can be assumed on "directio", but would lead to
data-loss if not.  This needs to be rewritten and tidied up,
so that it's always safe to change the size when mounting "directio", but
keeps the old behaviour if not.

If the mmap function was not part of the direct functions, ELF files
could not be executed from the mounted resource, that's why we added it
to the structure.  This might need to be replaced by a direct_mmap or
something of the sort, but it seems clear that some type of mmap needs
to be present.

--
Saludos,