[linux-cifs-client] Re: More tests on several clients for the same file

Steve French smfrench at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 1 16:19:34 GMT 2006

>We've developed yet another test-case in order to see what our problem
>with data-loss is (I'm attaching the code). It opens a file, and when
>the user presses ENTER, a newline is appended to the end of the file
>(locking the whole file to do this, then unlocking it)

I was able to reproduce your reported bug - I think adding the lseek
entry may be a good example as you note.  I will look at this along with
evaluating your suggested patch over the new years day break - I do want
to compare what happens in similar situations in other fs.   Thanks for
reporting this and putting together an easy test case.

On another topic - I have made an implementation of SMB NT Transact
Query Security Descriptor - although I do not parse the data yet. I will
check this in after the new years break. This should help get us closer
to where cifs can query CIFS/NTFS style ACLs over the wire - translating
to POSIX ACLs and/or mode bits.   I will need help for this making the
mapping perfect.