[linux-cifs-client] 1.40 cifs tar.gz on project download

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Mon Feb 13 14:37:28 GMT 2006

Steven,

> On embedded systems with no "Support for paging of anonymous memory
> (swap)" the build (and insmod) will fail with
>
> *** Warning: "pagevec_lookup_tag" [fs/cifs/cifs.ko] undefined!
> *** Warning: "__pagevec_release" [fs/cifs/cifs.ko] undefined!

BTW:
Excuse my ignorance. I have no deep inside neither into fs nor mm stuff.
But why do we need pagevec_lookup_tag() at all?
No other fs driver needs it. (At least a "grep -r" didn't show it.)
Other fs drivers work without swap support.
Maybe it's possible to implement writepages() without
pagevec_lookup_tag() ...
But again: I have no deeper understanding of the fs internas.

--
Steven Scholz