[linux-cifs-client] Re: io blksize problem with cifs

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Sun Dec 31 23:15:01 GMT 2006

> I was reading the thread:
>
>    [linux-cifs-client] Re: io blksize problem with cifs
>
> (Regarding the issue with cifs share w/ greater than N number of files
> puking with an error like: reading directory /mnt/archive: Invalid
> argument.)
>
> I lost the thread, and was wondering if there was a work-around for this

> issue?

I though that was the issue (blksize was set incorrectly, and cifs was
returning an expected error condition on filldir back to the user
incorrectly) was fixed in the Fedora kernel, and it should not be an issue
in mainline.

For mainline:
http://master.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=7ca85ba752e521f1b5ead1f3b91c562cc3910c7b

fixed the immediate issue, and then

http://master.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=5fe14c851efedf95b0e7652a3a7b93ec899d1599

set the blocksize properly.

Not sure how to workaround this - but directories of less than about 120
entries were fine.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com