[linux-cifs-client] Corrupted data on write to Windows 2003 Server

Danny Sung dsung at lantronix.com
Thu Dec 14 17:19:23 GMT 2006

Just giving you an update.  forcedirectio seems to be a lot more
reliable than not having the option.  However, for a particularly large
file (eg. 6GB) it aborts with a message saying "Host down".

Shirish S Pargaonkar wrote:
> Danny,
>
> We have seen this problem and are working on it.  Sizes of the source
> and destination files are same but
> md5sum would report different values.  I have seen this problem with
> large files like 500MB+.
> I have seen some (page) ranges in destination file filled with NUL bytes.
> But we have observed this problem only with copying files to Windows
> server and not with Samba server.
>
> As a work-around, you may want to use option forcedirectio during mounts.
>
> Regards,
>
> Shirish S. Pargaonkar

This e-mail is the property of Lantronix. It is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.