[linux-cifs-client] cifs client and windows xp

Kiss Zoltán kiss.zoltan at bardiauto.hu
Wed Dec 13 10:35:43 GMT 2006

Hello,

I have a CIFS Client problem.

Our company uses a Clipper program in neworked environment.

The things are working fine with Windows XP and Windows 98 clients and
one Samba server.

But we develop a Linux version of this program with xHarbour xBase
compiler and at last we reach the testing with linux.

On Linux client we mount the smb server's share, and the program is
working fine if just one client running, but these cases are making the
databases corrupt (correctly the indexes)

The question is: The Linux CIFS Client is fully compatible with MS
Windows XP or 98 locking / oplocking schema? Or where can i adjust the
settings?

Thanks for any help!

Zoltan Kiss