[linux-cifs-client] CIFS - WinXP versus CIFS linux client.

Rocco van der Veer rocco.vanderveer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 08:18:38 GMT 2006

I have set up Samba on Linux, and have set up access using acls, setfacl..
etc.

When i access the share under winxp, all rights as set with setfacl apply.
When a use a linux pc as client, mount -t cifs, most of the rights set with
setfacl apply, but I am not able to create new files, see list below:

A. When Using WinXP as client:

 1. Read acces works fine.
2. Editing existing files (When the user can write) is possible.
3. Creating a new file, (in a directory where a user has access) is
possible.
4. Dragging files into a directory where a user has wite access, is
possible.

B.  When using Linux (Cifs) as client:

 1. Read acces works fine.
2. Editing existing files (When the user can write) is possible
3. Creating a new file, (in a directory where a user has access) is NOT
possible.
4. Dragging files into na directory where a user has write access, is NOT
possible.

What am I missing here?

Thanks for your help.