[linux-cifs-client] Case sensitivity in Kerberos principal names.

Bjørn Tore Sund bjorn.sund at it.uib.no
Sat Dec 2 19:34:35 GMT 2006

Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 17:19 +0100, Bjoern Tore Sund wrote:
>
>> Kerberos support in mount.cifs is an easy assumption to make, given that
>>    the sec=krb5 option is documented in the man page.
>>
> That's all there is at the moment. It parses the option, but doesn't
> attempt to do anything yet,
Yup.  After having tried real hard to get it to work earlier this autumn
I sat down to read the source code and determined just that.  To
sidetrack this discussion even further - what is happening with Kerberos
support in mount.cifs?  Any chance of it appearing sometime soon?
> so I doubt you could even get an error like
> that one out of it :-)

Point taken.  I'll stick to the point from now on. :)

Bjørn

Bjørn Tore Sund       Phone: 555-84894   Email:   bjorn.sund at it.uib.no
IT department         VIP:   81724       Support: http://bs.uib.no
Univ. of Bergen

When in fear and when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.