[linux-cifs-client] mount.cifs crashes when run as ordinary user

birger birger at uib.no
Sun Apr 30 09:47:41 GMT 2006

I have fedora core 5 with the default samba installation (cifs kernel
module 1.40 and mount.cifs 1.10). I added the suid bit on mount.cifs to
test mounting for ordinary users. It mounts the file system, and then
crashes with a traceback saying free() got an invalid pointer.

I don't think I'll want to do this in our production environment, but
since the man page specifies this can be done I think the problem should
be looked into. I can send the full backtrace if needed.

--
birger