[linux-cifs-client] Re: POSIX client locking semantics.

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 20 16:46:05 GMT 2005

I don't use either the level (0x208) or the unix cap bit yet on the client
(it is unlikely that other clients do either) - so reusing this bit comes
down to what Samba (the server) does with it today - if no one (server)
sets it - and we are using it for approximately the same purpose that it
was created for - seems less confusing to reuse it.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com