[linux-cifs-client] cifs on ARM?

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Thu Oct 20 15:42:18 GMT 2005

Steven French wrote:

>>maybe some __attribute__((packed)) are needed ...
>
> Perhaps, but that seems unlikely to me.  The cifspdu.h (what actually gets
> sent on the wire) is already packed (line 312 of fs/cifs/cifspdu.h) unless
> there is some odd compiler problem on that architecture (ie not recognizing
> the pragma).

Hmm. Ok.

Any idea which debug output would be usefull?
Maybe (if your time permits) you could extend you're error messages so
they'd print something like

	bla wrong <value> (expected 'FOO' but got 'BAR')

Then together with the dump of the header or packet one would easily
spot an alingment problem!

Thanks a million!

Steven Scholz