[linux-cifs-client] problem mounting windows2003 share

Hussein Esmat hussein.esmat at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 06:14:50 GMT 2005

am not the network administrator for my lan , am just employeee who wants to
use linux in a windows lan
i want only to make a permament mount to my windows shares
i've noticed that after installing samba rpm , it didn't put file
mount.cifsin /sbin
so i copied this file from the internet and put it in /sbin
but i feel now i have tow differnt versions of cifs one from samba rpm
[root at hesmat ~]# modinfo cifs filename: /lib/modules/2.6.12-
1.1456_FC4smp/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko
parmtype: CIFSMaxBufSize:int
parm: CIFSMaxBufSize:Network buffer size (not including header). Default:
16384 Range: 8192 to 130048
parmtype: cifs_min_rcv:int
parm: cifs_min_rcv:Network buffers in pool. Default: 4 Range: 1 to 64
parmtype: cifs_min_small:int
parm: cifs_min_small:Small network buffers in pool. Default: 30 Range: 2 to
256
parmtype: cifs_max_pending:int
parm: cifs_max_pending:Simultaneous requests to server. Default: 50 Range: 2
to 256
author: Steve French <sfrench at us.ibm.com>
license: GPL
Specification e.g. Samba and Windows
version: 1.35
vermagic: 2.6.12-1.1456_FC4smp SMP 686 REGPARM 4KSTACKS gcc-4.0
depends:
srcversion: E9755EF7A12FCCA6259D9E2

and the other that i copied
[root at hesmat ~]# mount.cifs -V
mount.cifs version: 1.8

any how after copying this file the error msg has changed to be
mount.cifs \\\\10.10.10.18\\hus /mnt/myshare -o
user=windowspassword,pass=windowspassword

mount error 13 = Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13
CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13

i need any working way to mount my windows share in lan have win2003, Xp
without configuring any thing in windows servers .

thanks in advance