[linux-cifs-client] weird error mounting shares

Tucker Cunningham tucker at intapp.com
Wed Nov 9 02:09:52 GMT 2005

howdy -
  I have been having intermittent problems using the cifs vfs module in
the 2.6 linux kernel.  On an infrequent but regular basis, I get the
following error when trying to mount a share:

"mount error 11 = Resource temporarily unavailable
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)".

I know that I am allowed to mount this share.  In fact, doing things
like mounting another share on the same machine seem to make the problem
go away.  I was just wondering if anybody has run into this or a similar
problem or if you had any idea what might cause it.  If you have any
extra information to offer in my search for a solution, that would be
great.  Thanks.

-tucker

--
Tucker Cunningham