[linux-cifs-client] serverino does not seem to work

Rene Tapia renuxman at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 02:49:21 GMT 2005

I have Debian sarge, and Debian's:
kernel-source-2.6.11.tar.bz2

with its fs/cifs directory replaced with:
cifs-1.34.tar.gz

I am mounting home dirs using pam_mount with the following line in pam_mount.conf:
volume * cifs debserv &     /home/&         uid=&,gid=&,serverino - -

KDE apps now do not hang (very cool!), but the following code still fails (see below for code to
try this):
open ("file.LCK", O_RDWR | O_CREAT | O_EXCL , 0);
link ("file.LCK", "file.LNK");
stat ("file.LCK", &statbuf);

RESULT: statbuf.st_nlink == 1 !!!

Attached is dmesg output.

Is this a bug? Or could this be caused because I am replacing cifs 1.34 in Debian's 2.6.11?

I would certainly appreciate very much any hints I could get on this.

Thanks!

#include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <unistd.h>

int main(void)
{
    struct stat statbuf;
    int rc;
    int fd;

    fd = open ("file.LCK", O_RDWR | O_CREAT | O_EXCL , 0);
    if (fd < 0)
    {
        printf ("Error: %d\n", errno);
        return 1;
    }

    rc = link ("file.LCK", "file.LNK");
    if (rc)
    {
        printf ("Error: %d\n", errno);
        return 1;
    }

    rc = stat ("file.LCK", &statbuf);
    if (rc)
    {
        printf ("Error: %d\n", errno);
        return 1;
    }

    if (statbuf.st_nlink != 2)
    {
        printf ("Opps...\n");
    }

    printf("statbuf.st_nlink: %d\n", statbuf.st_nlink);

    close (fd);

    return 0;
}

Yahoo! Mail