[linux-cifs-client] RE: Longnames (was problems with cifs)

Naidu Bollineni naidu at kazeon.com
Fri May 6 07:34:10 GMT 2005

I got the "mapchars" change into my tree, and seems to be OK. I could
create a file with '<', and '>' in filename, and display it after fixing
the following bug.

I see a missing break statement in cifs_convertUCSpath() routine for the
case of "<" character - this being the last case in switch(). After
putting it, I am getting correct behaviour, otherwise I see '?' in place
of '<' in the pathname.

So, if the files were created win a share without 0xF000 ORed into each
widechar of name, the files still get mangled into 8.3 format, right?

Is there still a way to get the true names? Is it possible at all?

Naidu Bollineni
Senior Member Technical Staff
Kazeon Systems
naidu at kazeon.com