[linux-cifs-client] Re: Some problems with linux-cifs

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Wed May 4 18:35:23 GMT 2005

Steven French wrote:

> I don't spend much time on the webpages, but must have broken a few
> links when I added the two new child html pages, but I will scan through
> and try to find and fix any broken links.  Check back tomorrow and let
> me know if you see any broken links that I have not addresed.

Well, it's tomorrow, and it's still pretty bad :).

Incorrect Links:

On the body of http://linux-cifs.samba.org/

"1.34 for 2.6 kernels" links to "cifs-1.33.tar.gz"

Broken Links:

On the left sidebar of http://linux-cifs.samba.org/

"Installation" results in a python traceback.

"Todo List" results in a python traceback with a Samba logo on it.

Similarly for "Authors/Thanks"

"CIFS VFS Paper" and "Linux Network Filesystems Paper" both result in a
page on IBM's site that says:

"We have recently made changes to the IBM developerWorks open source
site.  The requested project cannot be found and may no longer be active."

Invalid HTML:

Many of the pages are just unbelievably ugly, to the point of
uselessness.  for example, here's a screenshot of the CIFS Testing page:

http://twistedmatrix.com/users/glyph/images/content/screenshots/cifs-testing.png