[linux-cifs-client] Mounting directories below share level

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Mar 4 03:21:02 GMT 2005

I just did a quick capture of "Deep Mapping" (as Kenneth MacDonald
informed us it's called).

As I had suspected, the TreeConnectAndX connects to the share, but the
client then performs all operations on the requested subdirectory.  So...
it appears (from my quick look) as though my earlier guess was correct.
That is, Deep Mapping occurs on the client side.

Kewl stuff.  Thanks!

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org