[linux-cifs-client] Mounting directories below share level

Vince Negri vnegri at asl-electronics.co.uk
Thu Mar 3 19:00:54 GMT 2005

IIRC, a "new" feature in Win2k was something called "reparse
points" which allow one folder in one filesystem to be made
available at another tree location in another. i.e. UNIX-style
mounts.

The ability to mount a subfolder of a share was also first
seen in win2k, so I wouldn't be surprised if what you describe
is indeed the underlying mechanism.