[linux-cifs-client] cifs client for linux laptops

Osho GG oshogg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 01:43:42 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have a question about using cifs client on a linux laptop. I move a lot from
one room to another during a day. During these time, I suspend/resume my
laptop and connect/disconnect from network multiple times. Is it possible to
configure cifs client for linux such that once it "survives" such network
disruptions. Essentially, I would like the cifs mounted shares to become
available when network connectivity is available. Any idea how this can be
done?

I would not want to umount/mount at every network disconnection/connection as
I do not want to input the password every time. And, storing the password in
a file is not an option (as it is against the corporate security rules where
I work).

Osho