[linux-cifs-client] cifsd taking all CPU

Osho GG oshogg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 04:35:37 GMT 2005

Hi,

I am trying to use cifs to mount some remote share in my work linux
environment. I noticed that if I have a share mounted and I lose the network
connection (I am using cifs client on laptop so I lose connection all the
time as I suspend/resume and move from one place to another), cifsd takes
almost all the CPU. kill -9 does not help. I have to reboot the machine. I am
using 2.6.11.11 kernel if that matters. The mount.cifs utility is part of
samba-client-3.0.14a-0.1.3 rpm.

I would really like to use cifs as it is the only solution that I have found
in which I can disable the unix extensions from the client side (Is there a
way to do this for smbs client?), which is necessary to follow the wide links
on the remote samba share (on which I do not have administrative privilege).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks,
--
Osho