[linux-cifs-client] attempting to connect to Windows server as different users

Naidu Bollineni naidu at kazeon.com
Wed Jun 8 01:36:49 GMT 2005

I had one share from Windows-2003 server mounted on a cifs vfs client as
user Administrator.

Then I attempted to mount a different share from the same server as a
different user-id that caused mount (session setup) failure.

Now I go and access the first share that was good till now is not
accessible any more. Ethereal shows the server returning Access Denied
error for all further requests on the first share.

Is this behavior expected/normal with Windows?

This is not a problem with my netapp box.

Actually when I tried this same commands using windows client from
command prompt using "net use" command, the second/failed command
clearly throws out an error to that respect - that says "Multiple
connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more
than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections
to the server or shared resource and try again."

Naidu Bollineni

Senior Member Technical Staff

Kazeon Systems

naidu at kazeon.com