[linux-cifs-client] Find_First with InfoLevel 0x104(260) doesn't

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 20 20:55:59 GMT 2005

> For me it did not because the structure FILE_BOTH_DIRECTORY_INFO has
member Shortname declared __u8 inctead of __u16.

I don't see the readdir code using that level (0x104), just
SMB_FIND_FILE_DIRECTORY_INFO (0x101) and SMB_FIND_FILE_FULL_DIRECTORY_INFO
(0x102) as well as the Unix extensions find level, so shortname should not
be an issue there (it is not returned by 101 and 102 and the cifs client
does not need it).   If shortname length were not calculated correctly and
level 104 were ever issued, readdir should fail horribly since filename
would be wrong.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com