[linux-cifs-client] TCP Name not found when mounting CIFS share

BJ Quinn bj at placs.net
Thu Jan 27 16:50:04 GMT 2005

So, it looks like my first problem is fixed - I can mount my CIFS shares no
problem now because of nsswitch (with the exception of a few linux/samba-based
file servers that don't seem to want me to connect using CIFS, I have to use
smbfs, but I'm not sure how much I care...).  What about my soft mounting
problem, though?  I'm using this as a backup solution, and if I'm running the
backup and the person I'm currently backing up disconnects their computer
(i.e. a laptop, to take it home), the whole script hangs and I can never make
the backup finish.  Can't I soft mount it somehow?

-BJ