[linux-cifs-client] TCP Name not found when mounting CIFS share

BJ Quinn bj at placs.net
Mon Jan 10 21:58:24 GMT 2005

Great! That allowed me to mount cifs shares by hostname! Thanks!

So how does CIFS handle dead clients? What if I'm trying to backup a computer
and it gets shutdown while I'm trying to copy files off it. Will it hang
forever or return an error and keep going? Is it like an NFS soft mount or a
hard mount?

-BJ Quinn