[linux-cifs-client] Re: mount.cifs returns Input/output error fedora core 3 to window server 2003

Warren Roberts warren at roberts.name
Mon Jan 10 19:31:41 GMT 2005

Sjoiks!!!  I finally go my mount command to work.  I thought I would post
my results in the hope that it will help anyone else out there that runs
into the same problem.

Unbelievably the problem was that the name in my hosts file on linux
didn't match the name that I gave the windows server box.  It will not
mount with an ip address or if the hostname's differ.  This must be some
sort of strange windows security fix.