[linux-cifs-client] CIFS problems with 2.4.28 kernel

Joe samba at cleanh2o.com
Sat Jan 8 07:15:04 GMT 2005

This is a known problem - same thing happened to me.
And changes in the 2.6 kernel are not backported to 2.4 (that's ok :).
See thread:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux-cifs-client/2004-October/000451.html
http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux-cifs-client/2004-October/000471.html

BTW /etc/fstab entry
//server/share /mnt/mntpoint cifs ro,credentials=foo/bar/cifs.cred,port=139,file_mode=0444,dir_mode=0555,rsize=8192,domain=DOMAIN.EDU 0 0
worked for me using multiple machines and moint points.

Joe