[linux-cifs-client] mount.cifs returns Input/output error fedora core 3 to window server 2003

Warren Roberts warren at roberts.name
Fri Jan 7 17:03:19 GMT 2005

I am trying to get a cifs mount from fedora core 3 to my new Windows 2003
Server.  I've tried to mount it from both fedora core 3 and fedora core 2
but they both give the same error.

mount -t cifs -o user=foo //wcam/wTerra2 /mnt/wTerra2
Password:
mount error 5 = Input/output error
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

If I try
mount -t smbfs -o user=foo //wcam/wTerra2 /mnt/wTerra2

it works fine so I know the mount point permissions are ok on the windows
box.

>From the linux systems I can mount share points using "-t cifs" on my
windows xp laptop just fine as well.

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong.  I've googled around for several
hours but found no answers.

Thanx
Warren Roberts