[linux-cifs-client] fs synchronization with samba

Steve Salazar eagsalazar at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 6 01:37:12 GMT 2005

While on the same files on two different terminals, one where the files were
local and one where the files were mounted via cifs, I saw that the file
that was edited on the server machine didn't show changes to that file on
the cifs mount on the other machine until I unmounted and remounted the
share.  I only waited a couple minutes before remounting so I don't know if
it would have synched eventually but either way this is not good.  Is there
a setting I should look at to make this go away?  Is this a bug?

I am using stock cifs from kernel 2.6.10 on the client and the server is
linux samba 3.0.9-1 on fedora core 2.  Server info from
/proc/fs/cifs/DebugData:

3) Name: 192.168.10.16  Domain: IMPINJ Mounts: 3 ServerOS: Unix
        ServerNOS: Samba 3.0.9-1.fc2    Capabilities: 0x80e3fd
        SMB session status: 1   TCP status: 1
        Local Users To Server: 1 SecMode: 0x3 Req Active: 0
MIDs:

BTW, the updates available in kernel 2.6.10 appear to have solved many bad
problems I was having with CIFS.  Thanks alot.