[linux-cifs-client] broken client-side caching - PATCH for 2. 4 kernel, possibly still bug in 2.6?

Vince Negri vnegri at asl-electronics.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 15:47:22 GMT 2005

Sven wrote:

>  they showed updated times though, but still the old contents.

Yes, that is definitely a symptom of the problem I saw. When the
bug strikes, the mod time in the inode is updated, but the page cache
is not invalidated. So an "ls -l" shows the correct mod time, but the
data remains old.

I'm trying to fit in time to install FC3 with a very recent (2.6.10.x)
kernel
to (a) verify the problem is still there and (b) verify my patch still fixes
it.

In the meantime, Sven, are you comfortable with rebuilding your cifs.ko
module? I could send you a version of my patch that should apply cleanly
to 2.6.5-7.145-default.

Vince