[linux-cifs-client] broken client-side caching - PATCH for 2.4 kernel, possibly still bug in 2.6?

Sven Conrad scon at beates.net
Wed Feb 23 15:41:15 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm using a SuSE 9.1 with kernel "2.6.5-7.145-default Thu Jan 27
09:19:29".  So it is a little newer than the posing I saw on google
and I just checked, but SuSE has no newer kernel than this. So if there
is a fix in the newest (kernel.org) kernel, SuSE did not update the
modules/kernel.

I had a cache problem, were cifs would consistently not update the file
contents, no matter what I was doing.
I could update the files & folder on the win2k3 machine as frequent as I
wished, they showed updated times though, but still the old contents.
Even worse, the contents was days old.

I verified all this by umount/mount, which finally showed the new contents.

best regards

Sven Conrad

(PS: I'm not in this mailing list)