[linux-cifs-client] (no subject)

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 17 21:12:45 GMT 2005

> So the question is simple: how can I use cifs.mount with
> usernames of the form DOMAIN\USERNAME

As long as we are certain that there is no valid username which contains a
backslash (which is a pretty safe bet), this would only require minor
modfication to parse for.   We already assume that usernames do not contain
a comma or percent character (mount.cifs looks for % in username already,
so adding a check for \ in the username would be easy enough).

Just need a quick test though - would Samba ever accept/allow a username
with a backslash in it (I doubt it - but it is worth double checking to
make sure there are no sideeffects to assuming this is a domain vs. user
sep).

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com