[linux-cifs-client] Can't mount more than one share at a time on Win2003 domain server

Thomas Boutell boutell at boutell.com
Mon Feb 14 22:50:32 GMT 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Gorazd Golob wrote:

> I guess this is windows only problem - very known :)
>
> You can't use resources from one windows systenn with more than one login (or
> username..) from one client system. Try it with same login and it should work
> - if you are permit to do so on windows 2003 computer.
>
> gorazd

Wow. I must confess i didn't realize that. It makes a certain kind of
sense, but aren't there some multiuser scenarios in Windows land now?
Citrix and so forth? This problem would be fatal for that sort of thing
if the home directories weren't local to the box serving the desktops.

--
Thomas Boutell
Boutell.Com, Inc.