[linux-cifs-client] Can't mount more than one share at a time on Win2003 domain server

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 14 21:04:16 GMT 2005

For multiplexing two smb uids over a single tcp session, there seems to
have been changes in behaviors of windows over the years (and service
packs) but it is worth checking if this could be fixed with bumping the vc
num in the smb request header for requests with the second smb uid without
opening a new tcp session.     We also have to be careful not  if we ever
tried to open a second tcp session to workaround this - since then you
could for some Windows server versions run into the issue
(Windows->Windows) when the client was behind a NAT - that requests to the
same server from two different sessions from what looked like the same
client ip address - could ping-pong the tcp sessions closed and open and
closed and open.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com