[linux-cifs-client] Re: Problems with cifs, samba, pam and ldap]

Amadeu Andrade Barbosa Junior amadeu at im.ufba.br
Mon Dec 5 15:14:53 GMT 2005

Hi Folks,

I am still stuck with my cifs/samba/ldap problem. Summarizing my answers
to Steven's questions:

> Does anything change if you try from a different client e.g.
>"smbclient //IP_SAMBA_SERVER/user -U user%BLA"
> or is it a similar error?

With smbclient, things appear to work. I am able to list files at the
prompt with ls.

>Does trying:
>"mount -t cifs //IP_SAMBA_SERVER/user /tmp/user -o
>username=user,password=BLA,domain=DCC"
>(ie adding the domain name) make any difference?

No, it doesn't.

> On the server have you verified that the account
>exists from the local systems perspective, not just from the Samba/LDAP
>perspective(e.g. you can su to the account)?

Yes, I can su to 'poxxxa' account.

Can anyone suggest something I could do to direct me towards the
solution. I am willing to try anything to get this working. I am
currently using smb with my 200 users and I get all sorts of problems
with permissions and file size reporting. That's why I am keen to move
into Cifs which someone told me could solve my problems. But I am stuck
on this permission problem.

--
                 Bolsista da Rede do DCC/UFBa - www.dcc.ufba.br