[linux-cifs-client] smbmount symbolic links not followed

cifsbal.8.mtf022004 at antichef.net cifsbal.8.mtf022004 at antichef.net
Tue Aug 23 19:34:11 GMT 2005

Hello,
When I smbmount a Samba share on a station running Ubuntu 5.04 (Samba
3.0.14a) symbolic links located on the share are not followed (they
appear as symbolic links).

smbmount on Mandrake 7.2 and 9.2 stations work normally.
smbclient works normally, with symbolic links resolution.
The Samba client in Nautilus works normally.
Windows clients follow the symbolic links normally.

The Samba server is version 3.0.14a runnning under Mandrake 9.2.

I browsed the web to no avail.
I tried to compile and install various Samba versions on my Ubuntu 5.04
station to no avail (Samba 3.0.14a, Samba 2.2.12).

Thank you for your help!
Sincerely,
Martin