[linux-cifs-client] Re: CIFS Mount crash

Josef Moffett moffett at secureit-mu.com
Sat Aug 20 04:48:04 GMT 2005

Hi Steve,

thanks for the info - I was starting to tear out hair (not that I have
much left to tear out ;-) ) on this side, especially as the problem was
not much noticed/written about on the web.

You're quite right, it is a fresh install, and I hadn't got around to
upgrading the kernel. Default Kernel for Suse 9.1 is 2.6.4-52, so next
on the shopping list is the latest kernel.

Unfortunately, smbfs doesn't connect at all with the windows 2003 server
as I get this error.

  cli_negprot: SMB signing is mandatory and we have disabled it.
  15445: protocol negotiation failed
  SMB connection failed

Anyway, I see light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks

Joe