[linux-cifs-client] NT_CANCEL

Asser Femø asser at diku.dk
Wed Aug 17 10:32:36 GMT 2005

Okay, so I'm sitting here implementing NT_CANCEL. According to the
specification, ``The Sid, Uid, Pid, Tid and Mid fields of a SMB are used
to locate a pending server request.

I'm planning on just use smb_init to initialize the request, but have
some questions: First of all, I can't find the Sid field. Don't know if
it's something SendReceive takes care of and I should ignore it?

The Mid gets set by header_assemble, but I don't see any reason why I
shouldn't just overwrite it after smb_init and before SendReceive.

Pid, Uid and Tid should be the same automatically. There might be some
security issues where multiple users can cancel each other's notify
requests on the same inode though (could be solved by making sure the
Uid is the same?).

/Asser