[linux-cifs-client] Refactored change notification handling and implemented multishot

Asser Femø asser at diku.dk
Sat Aug 13 16:27:09 GMT 2005

I created a cifs_dnotify_thread to handle the incoming change
notification responses, so now it works like oplock handling. On top of
that I added multishot capability - the dnotify thread will re-request
notification if DN_MULTISHOT was specified.

A couple questions: I noticed a lot of the oplock code holds the
GlobalMid_Lock when doing list operations, should I take care of doing
that in my list operations too?
Also, the oplock code uses a kmem_cache for the queue. Is that just to
keep track of how much memory is being used and possibly catch memory
leaks?

Steve,
you talked about wanting to check some of the code into git. In revision
32 of cifsfs.c you'll find a skeleton implementation of
cifs_dnotify_thread.

-Asser