[linux-cifs-client] Re: Linux CIFS client and SnapOS

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 9 16:23:51 GMT 2005

> flags2 is set to 0x0001 for the mount.cifs mount and 0x0003 for the
smbclient mount. 0x0001,
      > according to ethereal means Long filenames allowed, and 0x0003
      means long filenames allowed AND extended
      attributes are supported.

      Presumably I should be setting the flag SMBFLG2_KNOWS_EAS (unless
      xattrs were turned off on mount ie CIFS_MOUNT_NO_XATTR flag is turned
      on in the superblock).   I will make that minor change, although it
      may not help with your situation.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com