[linux-cifs-client] CIFSSMBClose when handling a notify response deadlocks

Asser Femø asser at diku.dk
Fri Aug 5 22:14:23 GMT 2005

When getting back the change notification response in
is_valid_oplock_break I'm trying to close the open directory with
CIFSSMBClose because the command completed.

However it deadlocks which probably is because it is called from the loop in
cifs_demultiplex_thread. Is it necessary to create a new thread to deal
with this, or could I move the call outside of the loop somehow?

/Asser