[linux-cifs-client] CIFS Client and DFS

Stefan Grunenberg stefan.grunenberg at lean.de
Wed Aug 3 11:39:07 GMT 2005

Hi!
In June there was already a question about the roadmap for full dfs
integration in cifs.mount - but no answer, so I try again !:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux-cifs-client/2005-June/000863.html
(see also bottom of this mail)

In Moment we are stucked about integrating Microsoft DFS-Shares in an
enviroment with linux-clients connecting to ADS with Microsoft File
Server.  Everything works fine and this is already great to see. Normal
Network Drives are mounted during login via pam_mount. But we are
missing the final step to also mount  the DFS-Shares during login. To
send the Destination-IP is no Help for us.
So if somebody knows more about the plans for cifs.mount with dfs or has
hints for help, this will be great!
Thanks very much in advance.

We use kernel 2.6.5-7.191  with mount.cifs version: 1.6-SUSE

Bye